About Court – Relationships and Background
Family Man – Business Man – River Pilot – Rancher.
A servant with Common Sense, Honesty and Loyalty.
Solid Old Fashioned Values
In spending most of his adult life living in the beautiful Rogue River Wilderness at Paradise Lodge (including raising his family between there and on the coast at Gold Beach) he practiced sound environmental procedures, good health, efficient use of all resources, and faced the daily challenges of being very geographically isolated. All required daily improvisation.
Family Legacy of Public Service
- Grandfather, Allen Boice, Sr.: Curry County Commissioner and County Judge throughout the 30’s and 40’s. He raised 12 children through the depression years.
- Father, Allen Boice, Jr: United States Marine, Logger, Curry County Sheriff in the 60’s and 70’s. The popular book ‘River Rogue Sheriff’ detailed his fascinating life.
- Mother, Meryl Boice: Local historian, writer, practicing Registered Nurse of 62 years.
- Wife, Britt: active Private Lender, Real Estate Investor, church ministries. Background in media including CNN Radio and CBS Television.
- Sister, Juli Marstall: Lifetime resident of Southern Oregon. Successful Gold Beach financial advisor, Marstall Insurance Services. Sister, Peggie Botielho who lives in Vancouver Washington.
- Brother-in-law, Greg Marstall: Lifetime resident of Southern Oregon. Gold Beach McKay’s Supermarket Manager, 35 years.
- First Cousin, Beverly Clarno: Oregon State Representative Bend, ‘Speaker of the Oregon House’ 1995-1997
- Second Cousin, Chris Boice: Current Douglas County Commissioner. Chris showed tremendous leadership in the horrific UCC tragedy.
- Court us very proud of his three Sons and eight Grand Children
1983 thru 2005 – Owner, Paradise Lodge, Southern Oregon Rogue River Wilderness; Highest No. employees (21).
1973 thru 1997 — Part Owner, Jerry’s Rogue Jet Boats, Gold Beach; Highest No. employees (18).
1998 thru 2004 — Part Owner, Boice Jet Boats, Highest No. Employees (29).
1996 thru 2004 — Board Member, Oregon State Marine Board, Salem.
2005 to present — Manager, Illinois River Ranch, Agness, 167 Acres.
2011 Session — Legislative Assistant, Oregon State Capitol, Salem; Garrard, House District 56.
1986 thru 1988 — Board Member, Coos, Curry, Douglas Business Development Corporation, Roseburg
1988 thru 1990 — Board Member, South Coast Business Employment Corporation, Coos Bay
April 1985 – Court Boice Gold Beach, his company along with Sea People Manufacturing built the first three-engine ‘white water’ passenger boat ever used in the world.
September 1988 and June 1992 – Court Boice toured Baseball legend Ted Williams on the Rogue to Blossom Bar Rapids and Paradise Lodge.
January 1997 – Court Boice, on the Rogue River pulled to safety from near freezing and flood-stage waters, five men at famous Blossom Bar Rapids. The incident was later featured on National Television; The Learning Channel’s ‘Without Warning’.
July 2003 – Court Boice, part-owner Boice Jet Boats built and sent the 1st ever Inboard River Jet exported to the country of Russia.
2007 thru 2009 – Oregon General Contractor; Contractors Board, # 177247.
February 2011 – Court Boice, while in Salem; just five blocks from the State Capitol was shot at while chasing a bank robber (on foot over a four block distance). After the shot, he still pursued and was finally able to get the assailants license number. The criminal was later apprehended and the Salem robbery was the last bank raid of 8 Oregon banks he robbed in a two year period. Due to the shot fired, he is serving life for attempted murder.
Court Boice – as a broad experience in assisting Movie, Film, News and Documentary crews. He is a Tree-faller, has raised cattle and grows orchards. He has performed numerous wedding ceremonies in the Rogue wilderness. He is an OSU Master Gardener and has been a 10 year NRA Member.